15 July 2014

A Wish Granted

Picture this:

Warmth of the morning sun.
Cool breeze.
Smell of freshly cut grass.
Chirping birds.
Children's laughter.
Colourful playground.
Elderly doing their morning exercise.

The idea of walking C in the park holding his tiny hand and him doing his clumsy walk was planted in my head the first time I laid my eyes on him. Such a simple thought but never given the chance to fulfill it. It thus became a wish on my wishlist.

The family had a studio photography session some time back and one of the challenge was to take a picture of me walking C. Unfortunately, it had not been very successful as C was very weak and we did not manage to take very good shots. Nonetheless, the digital copies were kept on disc together with the rest of the family photos.

Last night hubby came home with 2 printouts for me. It was then I came to know of his secret mission with a friend. A complicated task of photoshop; piecing bits and pieces together to make C complete.

 

The first sight of it was overwhelming. A mixed feelings of completeness and a tinge of sadness. I think it's a feeling only some of us would understand. And yes, I cried for a long time. Thinking of the would-have-been, what-if and if-only. 

Thank you hubby for giving me such precious memories of C. I will cherish them very much.

2 comments:

  1. Though it may be difficult to refrain to think about how it would have been different, must always remember to enjoy the present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes enjoying every bit of precious time

    ReplyDelete