24 March 2015

Physiotherapy

My wrist was in pain for more than a week due to ganglion cyst. Something which comes and goes. Although there was no obvious swelling but the pain prevented my wrist from moving the slightest bit. I felt handicapped when things came to a halt especially when forced to skip therapies for C altogether.

Yesterday I found myself conscientiously following through C's exercises in an attempt to make up for lost time (or muscles to be exact).


We started off with weight bearing and stretching exercises for his limbs. C had no issues with kneeling but absolutely hated going on his tummy. Being on tummy puts him in a vulnerable, helpless state as he could not move nor hold his head. That would usually send him wailing non-stop.

C survived his sitting practice but the strain on his core muscles was obvious as he struggled to keep his body upright. Before we knew it, C was taking deep breaths and using his hands to steady himself with a little support from me here and there.

Our last review with C's team of doctors had them suggesting the use of chest brace to help with his posture to allow for proper lungs expansion and better breathing. As far as I could remember, C previous experience with the neck brace was horrendous. Being stubborn as a bull, I highly doubt he would tolerate the chest brace. Nonetheless, we will give it a try at the next visit to the hospital.

Till that time, it's therapies for him to keep him active, strong and healthy!

3 comments:

  1. Lowell, is great to hear him getting active! I am so happy... Every time I am down and frustrated, I will remind myself of how you and c going through all these and still staying strong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jiayou! Have faith and believe. Nothing is impossible unless you stopped trying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Physio Equipment

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete