7 February 2016

Lunar New Year 2016

I thought I would spend CNY in KKH HD ward with C. He was brought in by paramedics and admitted in the early morning of Wednesday. My first ambulance ride with C in my arms, unsettling and unforgettable. Not something I wish to happen again but I'm glad it did. It was surely a confidence boosting experience, seeing how I could function under pressure and knowing our level of preparedness, definitely more room for improvement to better handle situations like this.

C was discharged shortly after he stabilised. Then a 40°C fever took us by surprise (we even packed our luggage expecting another admission), lingered for 2 days and went away as quickly as it came.

Today, eve of CNY, with his newly cut hair, he's looking so charming and grown up I couldn't resist snapping and sharing this picture of him. Very soon, he will be 3. He has given us 3 years of precious love, laughters and joy, much more than I asked for. I will have to work harder to make his wishes come true (chasing for his stander and powerchair). With mobility, I hope it will open up new doors for C and add more happy days to our time together.

Here's C in superb mood, wishing everyone a happy new year!


2 comments:

  1. Wishing u and Caelen happy new year! Thank God Caelen got well soon enough for CNY celebration. And yup. He looks very handsome with a new hair cut!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was only well temporarily. Fell ill after 1st day of visiting. Fever came back. Up till now he has yet to recover. Hopefully soon enough

    ReplyDelete