22 February 2016

What I Want to Grow Up to Be


Yesterday was Punggol Neighbourhood Watch Day. My daughter and her schoolmates were invited to perform for the special guests. We  also took the opportunity to get out of the house for some outdoor fun.

It was a day of many first for the children. Cayla's first public stage performance. C first taste of candy floss and first time on the bouncy castle.

At the fair, C pestered me to go on the slide. Unfortunately he has grown so tall it was quite impossible for me to slide with him on my lap. Tried to talk my way out but like any 3-year-old, he was persistent, cried and gave me the 'bad mommy' deadly stare. In the end, we settled for a short play on the bouncy castle. He was all smiles and giggles. And it's mission accomplished! Nothing better than a satisfied, happy child.

Strangely, that particular night, C was found lying on his stomach tirelessly moving his legs. Curious I asked why he was doing that. Came this reply:

"I'm exercising my legs... exercising my legs mummy. I need to exercise my legs"
"I need my legs to be stronger... then I can walk"


Then again this morning, C made a remark out of the blue, "Mommy! I want to be a ballerina next time so that I can spin round and round and I won't fall down".

A little boy with so much positivity and dreams. He is so firm on getting stronger and being mobile. I hope he will make it closer to his dreams one day.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you realize your dreams Caelen !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thks Auntie Jolie! Another day closer to his dreams :l

      Delete
  2. thank you for sharing with us all these private and precious moments. thank you Caelen for inspiring me to be better and to overcome the things in my life now.

    I've been praying for a miracle for this sweet little boy and I really hope that the day will come soon. Press on, Lowell and Caelen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for keeping C in your prayers. Let us draw strength from each other and move forward together. To a better day, cheers!

      Delete
  3. Hello! I first read about Caelen in 2014 when there was a fund-raising to get him a "tomato chair". I have then been busy with being pregnant & giving birth to my second child, and didn't visit your blog for quite awhile. I'm very happy today to read about the progress that Caelen has made! Well done to both you & Caelen! Both of you have been very inspiring to us out here. Keeping my prayers to both of you. God bless & may Caelen's dreams come true :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GK, great to have you back! Congrats on your new bundle of joy. Yes C has grown and made progress. Hoping to meet more milestones with him and create more memories. Thank you and I wish your family well too.

      Delete